Orange City Council purchased the Wentworth Mine Site in July 2000. During the last thirteen years more than $700,00 has been spent on the staged restoration of the formerly dilapidated mining site including:
- conservation of the buildings and the historic poppet head.
- Securing the two mine shafts.
- creating pathways.
- installing electricity to all buildings and making the site safe for visitors.
- development of s thematic history and exhibition
- installation of artwork, audio-visual display and soundscape.
Edward Higginbotham & Associates played a significant role in restoring several elements of the battery shed. Read more of their involvement here http://www.higginbotham.com.au/centralwest2.html